Whine 'n' Cheese

A fifty something guy caught between earning a living in the corporate world and trying to live a personal life as a latent hippie.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fiftysome male working in the corporate world to make a living but not a life. My interests in life are diverse from enjoying the city with it's music, theatre and range of characters to enjoying being in a canoe miles from nowhere in peace and quiet. My 14 year old son is the greatest blessing in my life even though he lives with his Mom he spends weekends with me and adds colour to my life.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday and Counting Down the Hours

Busy day today and TGIF. I am definitely going to spend a good weekend out of here. I really want to go skiing but still no snow. They are forecasting a lot colder weather by Sunday and hopefully we will get some snow with it. I want to take the boy and I up to Blue Mountain next Saturday.

Last night was bowling. I can here the groans now but at least it is a chance to get out one night a week to socialize and do something. I enjoy the company and though it isn't much exercise it is better than not doing anything. There are a couple of people that I work with who belong to the same league and who asked me to join three years ago. My ex and I had bowled in a five pin year for quite a few years and this league is ten pin so I am still fairly new at this game. I'm not doing too bad and our team is in forth place out of about 15 teams.

When I got home last night about eleven o'clock the power was off in my apartment. The furnace fan had quit and they had to call in a furnace repair fellow to change the fan motor. He had shut off the power in some of the house but neglected to turn mine back on. When I found the breaker and turned it on I checked around to ensure that everything was still okay but forgot to check my alarm clock. You guessed it the battery backup was not working because I forgot to put in a new battery once a year as you are supposed to and this morning the alarm didn't go off. I was a half hour late for work and didn't have time to make my lunch. I got away with being late since no one else really knows what I do since I have two manufacturing plants which I take care of but now I am left with no lunch. I prefer to eat my fruit and veggies with a bowl of soup rather than go out to grab a bite. Going out usually involves fried food that I try to avoid but I guess today I will have to grab something. Maybe I will have pizza which isn't too bad for me.

I am so looking forward to the weekend and heading down to the city. I will stay home tonight and do laundry and clean up a bit then I will be free for the next two days. I can leave early on Saturday morning and have brunch in a cafe somewhere visit the market maybe stop by a couple of galleries. I will borrow the camera from work and hopefully get inspired to shoot a bit. Saturday night I will return to the Lion on the Beach to hear a band and enjoy the people watching. Probably the same folks there as usual but it has been a while and I need the company and I could use a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home