Whine 'n' Cheese

A fifty something guy caught between earning a living in the corporate world and trying to live a personal life as a latent hippie.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fiftysome male working in the corporate world to make a living but not a life. My interests in life are diverse from enjoying the city with it's music, theatre and range of characters to enjoying being in a canoe miles from nowhere in peace and quiet. My 14 year old son is the greatest blessing in my life even though he lives with his Mom he spends weekends with me and adds colour to my life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

King Kong

No photo today but I will try to have something up tomorrow, I think I will use some scans of a few of my older shots.

I am heading downtown this weekend to spend a little time in a part of the city where I feel more comfortable. I will drop in to St. Lawrence Market and pick up a few things. I love the sounds smells and the great food which is sold there. I will make sure that I am there around lunchtime to have a wonderful peameal on a bun. It's probably not the healthiest meal but it tastes wonderful.

I will also find a spot to listen to a band on Saturday night. Up here they don't seem to have entertainment in the pub at all anymore. I don't consider karaoke entertainment.

When my son was with me last weekend he asked me to take him to a movie after he had finished spending his day in the indoor skateboard park. I asked what he wanted to see and he requested King Kong. I hadn't read any of the reviews but I consider that pretty harmless for a 13 year old so I agreed to take him. The movie complex was offering this movie on three different screens so it must be a very popular movie. We agreed to attend the eight o'clock showing. We arrived at about 7:45 only to be told that the movie was already sold out. The next showing was 9:15 so I thought that this was okay since he wasn't going to be getting up to go to school in the morning.

My son occupied himself playing the arcade games for an hour and I enjoy a cup of coffee mocha and just relaxed. The movie began on time but didn't end until 12:30. I had no idea that it was a three hour plus movie. All in all the movie was pretty good though and we did enjoy it. I certainly enjoyed Naomi Watts, what a beautiful woman and a very good actor too.

Having a 13 year old gives me a perfect excuse to watch the new children's shows such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc. To tell the truth I probably enjoy them as much or more than most of the adult offerings. The computer generated animation used today I find truly amazing. It makes it possible for very realistic scenes which would have been impossible to portray as well previously using the more antiquated techniques.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home