Whine 'n' Cheese

A fifty something guy caught between earning a living in the corporate world and trying to live a personal life as a latent hippie.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fiftysome male working in the corporate world to make a living but not a life. My interests in life are diverse from enjoying the city with it's music, theatre and range of characters to enjoying being in a canoe miles from nowhere in peace and quiet. My 14 year old son is the greatest blessing in my life even though he lives with his Mom he spends weekends with me and adds colour to my life.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

I thought I ought to start the year by at least accomplishing one of my resolutions which was to add an photo a day to my blog. The attached photo is from one of our canoe trips into Algonquin from last summer probably taken on Burnt Island Lake.
I have no idea what I am doing here but fortunately Bogger is user-friendly so even a novice can put together something that looks fairly respectable. Thank you Blogger and keep up the good work.

I did spend last evening on my own but that was perfectly okay and in fact I handled my own company for the evening fairly well. I channel surfed until close to midnight then watched the ball fall at Times Square. I did attempt to watch the festivities from Toronto's Nathan Phillips Square which is home to city hall. Unfortunately I joined the televised broadcast during the performance of some weird punk type male performer and left as soon as I got there.

I know that I should be much more open to these newer music forms but I have trouble classifying them as music. I appologize to the younger people.

Today I am in to the office to clear up a few old files then it is off to the gym before heading home to do up a roast for dinner. I don't often have a decent roast of beef any more but I thought that since I had New Years as an excuse I would enjoy a good meal. I will have to freeze much of the left overs but then it will make for a quick meal on busy days.

I hope you all enjoyed last evening and have survived the morning headache to enjoy the remainder of your day. I wish you all a wonderful year in 2006 and I hope you will keep all of your resolutions; at least until the end of the first week of January :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home