Whine 'n' Cheese

A fifty something guy caught between earning a living in the corporate world and trying to live a personal life as a latent hippie.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fiftysome male working in the corporate world to make a living but not a life. My interests in life are diverse from enjoying the city with it's music, theatre and range of characters to enjoying being in a canoe miles from nowhere in peace and quiet. My 14 year old son is the greatest blessing in my life even though he lives with his Mom he spends weekends with me and adds colour to my life.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Thank God it’s Friday

I only have a couple of hours left trapped behind this desk then it’s behind the wheel and headed north. I will take the camera with me to try and catch some colours on the way up or back. I love this time of year, not only the beautiful fall colours but also the crisp morning air pleasant afternoon temperatures and even the drop in temperature as night fall comes.

With a little luck it may not rain too early this evening and I may still get a chance to have a campfire. Campfires have become one the most enjoyable times for me and a time I always look forward to. In the park where my trailer is it is not the same as been up in the bush but it is still mush better than not having a chance to have a fire at all. I can’t really explain what I find so pleasant about a campfire but I think it has stress relieving qualities similar to those I used to have when I was able to get out for a long run.

I recall how great it was to be able to get up on an early fall morning when the air was still quite cool and pull on a pair of tights and a long sleeve tee and jacket and get out the door. As I started to run a just enjoyed the way my body temperature would rise after the first mile and I would settle into a comfortable pace. The air was cool to keep you comfortable and the miles would just roll by. When I had the opportunity to run out of the city and along the country road it was almost euphoric. The beautiful trees the animals in their pastures would raise their heads to watch the dam stupid human running by and I confess that I often called out to them. No one else around to snicker at the guy who talks to cows, sheep or the farm dogs who would run down to see what I was up to. Dam I miss those days and how I wish I had my knee back in working order.

Maybe I will get up tomorrow morning and if it isn’t raining I will go for a walk / jog along the concession roads near the trailer. You never know I might meet some old cow I know.

Hope you all have a wonderful fall weekend, take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home