Whine 'n' Cheese

A fifty something guy caught between earning a living in the corporate world and trying to live a personal life as a latent hippie.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fiftysome male working in the corporate world to make a living but not a life. My interests in life are diverse from enjoying the city with it's music, theatre and range of characters to enjoying being in a canoe miles from nowhere in peace and quiet. My 14 year old son is the greatest blessing in my life even though he lives with his Mom he spends weekends with me and adds colour to my life.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Celtic Woman



Today's photo is from the top of the hill at Blue Mountain when my son and I were skiing last weekend.

This week is very busy as usual here at work but just helps to have the time pass a little quicker. Today I will have to leave a little early because I am attending a gala for the United Way tonight in Markham. It is not one of the things which I enjoy but I have a work partner who assists me in running our United Way campaign and she is anxious to attend.

I have been planning to return to live downtown as soon as I can move without upsetting the fellow who owns the house where I am living now. He and his wife just purchased this house last year and built the basement apartment for me so I feel obligated to stay here for at least one year. That year will finish but this fall so I am now starting to look around to choose an area where I want to move to. I don't think it will be back into the Beach area but maybe up on the Danforth. I need to be close to the Parkway to reduce my traveling time back and forth to work.

I want to be back in the city to be able to have access to the life which I enjoy. Yesterday I was looking to see what I wanted to attend in the near future and found that the group called Celtic Woman are going to play at the Hummingbird in March.

Last evening I picked up a DVD of their live performance. I wanted to see what my son's reaction will be to their music before I order a ticket to take him with me. I am trying to expose him to as much of the range of musical options as I can. I think it will help to make him more tolerant to the difference tastes which music has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home