Whine 'n' Cheese

A fifty something guy caught between earning a living in the corporate world and trying to live a personal life as a latent hippie.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Fiftysome male working in the corporate world to make a living but not a life. My interests in life are diverse from enjoying the city with it's music, theatre and range of characters to enjoying being in a canoe miles from nowhere in peace and quiet. My 14 year old son is the greatest blessing in my life even though he lives with his Mom he spends weekends with me and adds colour to my life.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Life is Good

I loved the beautiful morning that greeted me when I left on my way to work this morning. The weather this morning was nearly perfect, slightly cool yet bright and sunny with a gorgeous blue sky and a few whispy clouds drifting by. It puts a smile on your face and a song in your heart.

I hope that some of you will appreciate the photo I am posting this morning. Personally I was very pleased with the way it turned out with the soft focus and his face and horn in a perfect hue. The photo I shot on Sunday night when I was down to the Harp in Port Credit listening to the Meteors. They are a great band playing a good mix of R & B with a little old rock thrown. The fellow in the photo is Joe who is their lead vocal and trumpet player. Great musician even when he's a little under the influence.

I enjoy the Harp not only because the food and staff are great but I love the regulars. Such an interesting cross section of the local population. Musicians, professionals and just regualr folks that go to laugh, have fun and enjoy each others company and the great music.

I can't believe that it is hump day already this week is just flying by. My son is coming to spend the weekend so that we can celibrate opur birthdays. I am hoping to take him out to play a round of golf but the weather forcast for Saturday is questionable. Rain is predicted but the forcast is often wrong so I have my fingers crossed. The second option is for us to go to the Argos game on Saturday night which is something also both enjoy. In either case I am sure we'll have fun doing something. I enjoy his company in any case and hope he doesn't change as he matures.

Got run but I will try to get back before the week is out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Freakazojd said...

Beautiful photo - I really like how it makes it look like there is nothing else in the world at that moment but Joe & his horn. And a lot of the world's best musicians perform beautifully when they're "PUI" (Playing Under the Influence). :)

6:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home